The Nambucca Heads Island Golf Club set on the beautiful Nambucca River
Nambucca heads Island Golf Club has to be one of the most picturesque public golf courses in Australia. Its unique location on Stuart Island surrounded by the Nambucca River at Nambucca Heads makes it a magnificent setting for a game of golf. Where else can you play golf while watching dolphins swim by in the pristine river while an abundance of birdlife including pelicans, osprey and sea eagles fly overhead.
But this is not just a great location. The par 69, 18 hole layout designed by Ross Watson is both a challenge for the experienced player but enjoyable for an average golfer. It is a flat easy walk on fairways lined with she oak and paper bark trees. Our Bent Grass greens are often described as the best north of Newcastle and are the result of decades of dedicated work.
Located ten minutes off the Pacific Motorway, 30 minutes south of Coffs Harbour may we suggest you call in and take a look. You may enjoy a cold drink or lunch on the deck overlooking the river.
Golf This Month at the Island Golf Club
- Wednesday 16th January Ladies Summer Competition
- Thursday 17th January Medley Single Stableford
- Saturday 19th January Medley Single Stroke - Mens Monthly Medal
- Sunday 20th January River Sunday - 11am Shotgun - Mixed 4 BBB Stableford
- Wednesday 23th January Ladies Summer Competition
- Thursday 24th January Medley Single Stableford
- Saturday 26th January 4BBB Stableford - Australia Day
- Wednesday 30th January Ladies Summer Competition
- Thursday 31st January Medley Single Stableford
Visitors are welcome in all events. Call the Pro-shop for details on 65688172. Social play available every day
On the Island Golf Course we offer the sport of Footgolf. A cross between golf and soccer it is played over 9 Footgolf holes and is fun for all the family. Contact the Pro Shop for details on 65688172.
In the Clubhouse
- HAPPY HOUR - Monday to Friday 4pm to 5pm - $4.50 Schooner, $4.50 Wine
- BINGO - Thursday's from 11am - $6.00 lunch deals & promotion.
- RAFFLE NIGHTS - Wednesday & Friday nights from 6.30 pm Meat, Seafood and Vouchers -Trivia, Members Lucky Door Prizes
Raffle in Support of Darcy Habgood
The best golfer in the Habgood family, Darcy, daughter of our professional Paul Habgood, is soon off to Washington State College on a golfing scholarship. Members are conducting a raffle with the proceeds going to assist Darcy overseas. Prizes have been donated by members and the club and consist of a Wild Turkey liquor cabinet on wheels which has been well stocked by theses donations with more to come. Tickets are available at the bar in the club for $2 or 3 for $5. It is drawn on 25th January. Your support would be appreciated.
Island Sunday and River Sunday
On the first and third Sundays of each month we conduct mixed events open to members and visitors alike. These are very social events with a shotgun start at 11am so that all players finish at the same time to socialise and enjoyment the clubhouse amenities including free snack food. The first Sunday is always a mixed 4BBB Stableford while the third Sunday is a mixed 4BBB that is varied each month.
Entries are via the competition booking tab on the home page or by ringing the proshop on 65688172.