COVID UPDATE - 10/9/21
As you will have heard by now, the Nambucca Valley is being released from Stay at Home Orders as of 12.01am tonight. While we would like to open the Clubhouse at that time, we will wait until tomorrow morning!
As such the following operations of the Club will be changed from its present conditions:
- The Clubhouse will be open from 9am daily.
- The Island Restaurant will offer a limited lunch menu over the weekend slowly building back up to is normal menu. We will be open for Dinner on Wednesdays through to Saturdays again.
- The Island Restaurant will open this Saturday with a Stonegrill night! Please book your table.
- We request that those coming for meals please book. We will be limited to 1 in 4sqm capacity inside. However, the deck will be 1 in 2sqm.
- You will be required to check in using a QR code. You must remain seated when drinking alcohol and you must wear a mask indoors.
- Golf timesheets will revert back to groups of 4. We still encourage everyone to practice social distancing as much as possible.
- You will be able to ride 2 to a cart but we encourage everyone doing so to wear masks unless riding with a member of your household.
- The Covidsafe rules are still in play and we will revise these later.
- The Squash courts will open for social play from Monday 13th
Please note that at this stage there are no requirements for patrons or staff to be double vaccinated. It is extremely likely that this rule will come into effect when/if all of NSW re-opens in late October. Accordingly, we encourage all members to consider getting vaccinated and seek medical advice. We do not want to have to turn people away when this rule comes in.
Thank you for your support over the previous month and we look forward to seeing friendly smiles back in the Clubhouse again soon!
The Nambucca Heads Island Golf Club set on the Beautiful Nambucca River
Nambucca Heads Island Golf Club has to be one of the most picturesque public golf courses in Australia. Its unique location on Stuart Island surrounded by the Nambucca River at Nambucca Heads makes it a magnificent setting for a game of golf. Where else can you play golf while watching dolphins swim by in the pristine river while an abundance of bird life including pelicans, osprey and sea eagles fly overhead.
But this is not just a great location. The par 69, 18 hole layout designed by Ross Watson is both a challenge for the experienced player but enjoyable for an average golfer. It is a flat easy walk on fairways lined with she oak and paper bark trees. Our Bent Grass greens are often described as the best north of Newcastle and are the result of decades of dedicated work.
Located ten minutes off the Pacific Motorway, 30 minutes south of Coffs Harbour may we suggest you call in and take a look. You may enjoy a cold drink or lunch on the deck overlooking the river.
If you are interested in joining our great club click on the links below for more information or check out the membership details under the Golf / Membership tab.
In the Clubhouse our services and activities are expanding
- Clubhouse open every day
- Raffles every Wednesday and Friday nights from 6pm
- Happy Hour Monday to Friday 4pm to 5pm
- Restaurant has re-opened for lunches and dinners
- Fully stocked Pro Shop – Motorised Carts – 6568 8172
2021/22 GOLF CALENDER - Fixture Book
2021 MAJOR EVENTS - Flyer
2021 ISLAND CHALLENGE - TOYOTA SERVICE ADVANTAGE - Flyer
2021 ISLAND CLASSIC 36 HOLE STABLEFORD - 30-31 October - Flyer & Nomination Form
Members of other golf clubs with which we have entered into reciprocal agreements are entitled to play at Nambucca Heads for Competition Fees $25, Social Golf 18/9 holes $20. The list of clubs with existing rights is constantly changing and can be viewed via the link below.